The purpose of the DocMiami Public Service Announcement Competition is to promote the support of the arts in public schools. The benefits of art programs are definitely evident across the curriculum. The arts are valuable to society as a whole and can be integrated within Mathematics, Language Arts, Science and of course History. They provide students the tools to develop creative minds in order to explore and reach creative solutions and they inspire good citizenship by encouraging cooperation and teamwork. The goal of the DocMiami PSA “Save the Arts in Public Schools” competition is to allow students to express in their own words their appreciation for the arts.
A panel of judges will select One Public Service Announcement (PSA) winner based on student entries and students will also be able to win an Audience award based on the online voting system.
1. This Public Service Announcement (PSA) competition is centered on the theme, “Save the Arts in Public Schools .”
2. The 2011 DocMiami Public Service Announcement Competition: “Save the Arts in Public Schools” is open to students in grades 6-12.
3. All Student entries must be submitted with the approval of a sponsoring teacher
4. MUST NOT contain any brands (example: NIKE t-shirt, Sprite, etc. and also MUST NOT contain any music without the direct permission of the creator, example: no music downloads from popular artists etc.)
5. Sponsor teachers must submit all video files via email as explained below and then forward completed parent consent form below
6. A Parental Consent Form for Photo/Video must be submitted for each student which appears in the video. Mail Paerntal Consent forms to:
DocMiami International Film Festival P.O. Box 720487 Doral FL 33172 c/o: DocMiami PSA Contest
7. All video file entries must be submitted by sponsor teacher using the following Teacher's instructions:
When you have your video psa complete, email it to our video service provider Brenda Nieborsky at email@example.com. Be sure the video information is included in the email, as required by the PSA specifications below. Brenda will upload the video to the contest's channel which is at
PSA will be centered on the 2012 DocMiami Theme: “Save the Arts in Public Schools.” Minimum of 30 seconds No longer than 60 seconds No Brands or Music without consent PSA Title School Name Teacher/Sponsor Name Names of Student Film makers PSA Description/Synopsis
PSA’s chosen from this competition will be exhibited online at openfilm.com and on all DocMiami online websites and networks
For additional information, contact Priscilla Chaca, DocMiami "Save The Arts" Liason, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 305-951-7438.